COUNTDOWN TO THE TROT
The Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot is one of the largest races in Tarrant County. Each year, new generations of families turn out to experience the fun, family-friendly atmosphere. This year, we plan to hold both our traditional in-person trot AND a virtual trot at home option that can take place wherever you are! While some components of the event will be different, we look forward to keeping the Thanksgiving Day tradition that has been enjoyed by generations since 1981.
Proceeds from the Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot benefit diverse programs of the Y that are strengthening our community including preschool and afterschool care, water safety and swim lessons, day and overnight camp, youth sports, health programs and more.
If the Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot in-person event is not allowed to take place, all Timed, Untimed, and Gobbler Trot registrations will be transferred to the virtual Trot at Home option. Your participant gifts will be available for pick up at one of our branch locations and no refunds or credits will be issued. A portion of your registration fee will be a charitable donation.
Teams & Awards
10K (at 8:15AM) or 5K (at 8:30am)
• Family/Team (5 or more registered together by Nov. 9)
5K & 10K Award Age Groups
• Awards to the overall male/female and top masters male/female in the 5K and 10K
• Awards to the top 3 male/female 5K finishers in the following age groups: 0-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 5 year age groups to 80+
• Awards to the top 3 male/female 10K finishers in the following age groups: 0-13, 14-19, 20-24, 5 year age groups to 80+
Gobbler Trot (1K)
• All ages are invited. Ribbons to all runners.
10K & 5K Entry Fee
• $35 Untimed; $40 Timed (through 9/30)
• $38 Untimed; $43 Timed (through 10/31)
• $40 Untimed; $45 Timed (through 11/15)
• $42 Untimed; $47 Timed (through 11/25)
1K Gobbler Trot Entry Fee
This event is not timed. Adults running in the 5K/10K may accompany their child(ren) in the Gobbler Trot for free.
• $25 (through 11/25)
Jake/Jenny Entry Fee
This event is for children 3-under in strollers. Strollers are welcome on race day, but all children in strollers must be registered for the event as well.
• $15 (through 11/25)
Virtual Race (10K/5K) Entry Fee
Sign up for our virtual run and join us from home or wherever you may be!
• $35 (through 11/25)
For those who have already registered and wish to run with their well-trained dog:
• $15 registration (in-person) and $10 registration (virtual)
A Thanksgiving Tradition
The Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot started on Thanksgiving morning in 1981 with just a 5K race.
Over the past 37 years, the Turkey Trot has grown from 200 runners to over 10,000 in our 5K, 10K and Gobbler Trot races. It has become a Fort Worth tradition for generations of families and our community.
WANT TO HELP?
While this year may look different, we still need volunteers to help make the Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot a success!
Email us to ask us about volunteer opportunities!