Moritz Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot FAQs
How do I register for the Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot?
Your options for registration include the following:
- Online –To register online click here.
- Race Day –You can register race day in the early morning. Registration begins at 6:30 A.M. Please plan on additional time if you choose race day registration. Early arrival ensures you will not miss the race start. If you register on race day, there is no guarantee of shirt, size, bib, or chip. Timed registration will end at 7:45 A.M.
- Family/Group Registration –
- Team/Family can be done for groups of 5 or more runners who register and pay together on or before November 20th. Family/Groups runners do not need to all participate in the same event. Family/Groups must be picked up, in their entirety, no later than Wednesday, November 24th. Please make sure whoever picks up the Family/Group packet knows the name of the team and the number of participants.
When and where does packet pick-up take place?
Packet Pick-Up Days and Times will be announced soon! Packet Pick-Up will be at the following locations:
- Luke’s Locker (The Shops at Clearfork)
5255 Monahans Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76109
- Northpark YMCA
9100 Beach Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76244
Can someone else pick up my packet?
Yes – the person picking up the packet(s) will need the participant’s name or QR Code.
Where do I park when I get to the Turkey Trot?
There is parking available in several parking lots along Camp Bowie as well as limited parking around the race area. On street parking should be limited to the south side of Camp Bowie to avoid conflict with the 5k and 10k. We encourage participants to arrive early and carpool, if possible.
Do I get a finisher medal for completing the 5K or 10K?
The first 4,000 “chip-timed” runners will receive a 40th Anniversary medal upon completion of their 5K or 10K run.
Do you have age group awards?
Yes, we offer age group medals for the top three finishers in each age group in the 5K & 10K (age groups listed below). All age group awards can be picked-up at the Amon G. Carter, Jr. YMCA November 28th through December 3rd.
Event Age Groups
- Ages 0-10 (Male and Female)
- Ages 11- 13 (Male and Female)
- Ages 14-18 (Male and Female)
- Ages 19-24 (Male and Female)
- Ages 25-29 (Male and Female)
- Ages 30-34 (Male and Female)
- Ages 35-39 (Male and Female)
- Ages 40-44 (Male and Female)
- Ages 45-49 (Male and Female)
- Ages 50-54 (Male and Female)
- Ages 55-59 (Male and Female)
- Ages 60-64 (Male and Female)
- Ages 65-69 (Male and Female)
- Ages 70-74 (Male and Female)
- Ages 75-79 (Male and Female)
- Ages 80-84 (Male and Female)
- Ages 85-89 (Male and Female)
- Ages 90+ (Male and Female)
What events/distances are offered for the 40th Anniversary Moritz Turkey Trot?
- 1K Gobbler Trot
What are the start times?
- 1K Gobbler Trot: 8:00 A.M.
- 10K: 8:15 A.M.
- 5K: 8:30 A.M.
Is the “Gobbler Trot” a separate event or distance?
Yes, the Gobbler Trot is a 1K fun run. The cost of the Gobbler Trot is $20.00 per participant regardless of age. Parents who register for the 5K or the 10K may accompany their child(ren) in the Gobbler Trot for free. This run is not a timed event.
What is the VIP Turkey Coop?
The VIP Turkey Coop is a new opportunity. It serves as a great place to nourish the body and enjoy a little fellowship prior to taking flight in the 5K or 10K. The fee for this experience is $15 per person. Wrist bands will be available during packet pick-up
Turkey Coop Perks:
- Hot Chocolate
- Both covered and uncovered Coop to roam
- Limited seating will be available
- Semi-private Pot-O-lets
A limited number of passes to the Turkey Coop will be available.
Can I walk the 5K or 10K?
Yes, we have lots of walkers. All walkers MUST start at the back of the pack to allow the competitive runners to start the race.
Can I bring my dog?
Yes, there is a $15.00 registration fee and all well trained, friendly dogs on leashes (max. 3 ft.) are welcome and MUST line up at the back of the starting corrals. No dogs allowed in the competitive chip timed corral. Owners maintain responsibility for their pets. There is a separate registration form for dogs and a fee of $10.00. Dogs must be registered for the event and will receive a Turkey Trot dog bandanna (while supplies last).
*Dog/Stroller/Walker Policy: All dogs, strollers and Walkers MUST line up at the back of the starting corrals. Please keep all dogs to a maximum 3 foot leash. Runners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. All dogs must be registered! No dogs allowed in the competitive chip timed corral. No strollers allowed in the competitive chip timed corral!
Is skating or cycling allowed?
No, because they travel at a higher speed, for the safety of others, rollerblades, Heelys, roller skates, scooters and bicycles are not allowed in the Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot.
Do I have to be chip timed?
No, chip timing is not required to participate in either the 5k or 10k run. Those that want to be chip timed must select the chip timed option during the online registration process (A $5.00 timing fee is added to all runners who wish to be chip timed). Runners must be chipped timed to be eligible for overall or age group awards or finisher medals.
Is there assistance available if I cannot complete the whole course?
Yes, we have paramedics, radio operators and police officers patrolling the course. If you need assistance, just ask a volunteer or an officer for help. We also have water stops and Port-o-Lets located on the course.
Are baby strollers allowed?
Absolutely, strollers are welcome and participants with strollers MUST line up at the back of the starting corrals. No strollers allowed in the competitive chip timed corral. Don’t forget to register your child so they can have an official race shirt.
Dog/Stroller/Walker Policy: All dogs, strollers and walkers MUST line up at the back of the starting corrals. Please keep all dogs to a maximum 3 foot leash. Runners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. All dogs must be registered! No dogs allowed in the competitive chip timed corral. No strollers allowed in the competitive chip timed corral!
Are there concessions available at the Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot?
The Turkey Trot will provide water and fruit for our participants at no charge.
What if it rains or snows? Will you still have the Turkey Trot?
In general, no matter what the weather, the Turkey Trot will go on! Only severe lightning will delay the event. Our paramount concern is the safety of our participants.
What happens to the proceeds from the Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot?
The YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth welcomes all who wish to participate and believes that no one should be denied access based on their ability to pay. Proceeds from the Fort Worth YMCA Turkey Trot benefit diverse programs of the Y that are strengthening our community including preschool and afterschool care, water safety and swim lessons, day and overnight camp, youth sports, health programs and more.
When does the course close?
All courses close at 10:30 A.M. If course/time accommodations are needed, please contact Eddie Dobbins @ [email protected] prior to November 5th.